You should enjoy every opportunity to get outdoors by walking, biking or riding the bus around town.
Please do it safely! Here are a few tips:
- Plan ahead: choose a smart mode and a safe route with MySmartTrips, schedule early arrival to reduce stress.
- Learn the rules: following pedestrian and road rules helps everyone move around safely.
- Be seen & look out: wear items that are bright and/or reflective and use lights when in the dark.
- Slow down: keep to a lower speed to stay safe and be ready to respond to anything that may come into your path.
- Seasonal protection: wear appropriate gear for taking smart trips all times of day and weather.
- Bring water and snacks: stay hydrated using a reusable water bottle and have snacks on hand.
- Wear a good pair of shoes: helps keep you safe, balanced, and more energized throughout the day.
- Bring a change of clothes: bring along your work clothes or outfit for the day if you want to freshen up when you arrive.
- Think about storage: storing and locking up your items (bike, clothes, bag, etc.) will keep things safe and ready to use.
- Have fun: Don’t forget to smile and enjoy the scenery while you walk or ride around town!